To apply for any of the positions below, please fill out our electronic application form
– OR –
Download a PDF version of the application that can be printed and filled out. If you choose to print the application you may drop it off at the winery between 10am and 5pm any day of the week. Please call 607-582-6450 with any questions about open positions or the hiring process.
Tasting Room Associate
JOB SUMMARY:The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for engaging the public in conversation about Wagner’s wines and beers, including how they are made, and for sharing the unique stories of Wagner Vineyards to deliver an exceptional experience for all guests.
REPORTS TO: Retail Sales Manager/Retail Sales Floor Lead
- Greets each guest as they arrive at the facility.
- Engages customers in relaxed conversation that allows them to connect to Wagner’s.
- Gives confident and enthusiastic tastings that showcase Wagner wines and beers while connecting with customers and conveying the Company’s history.
- Strives to finish each tasting with a completed sale.
- Uses POS system and sales register to complete customer transactions.
- Stocks wine, beer and other items, as needed.
- Works in conjunction with other tasting room staff to complete daily check lists in order to maintain the cleanliness of the entire facility and outside grounds.
- Assists with processing and shipping of wine orders.
- Cleans and organizes shelves and displays.
- Ensures compliance with NYS Laws by checking ID’s and not serving guests who are intoxicated.
- Works pub nights as needed.
- Represents Wagner wines or beers at outside events, occasionally.
- Assists in the expansion and management of the “Select Case Club” and the “Octagon Cellar Club.”
- Helps with new employee training, when requested.
- Conducts winery and brewery tours, as needed.
- Works bottling line, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Must attend T.I.P.S. training upon hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of winery and brewery products and services.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires work on weekends, some holidays and overtime, as necessary.
Wagner Vineyards is the largest estate winery in the Finger Lakes, producing 30+ wines made from grapes we grow on our fifth-generation family farm. Wagner Vineyards celebrated its 40th Anniversary in 2019. Wagner Valley Brewery celebrated its 20th Anniversary in 2017 and makes regular and seasonal hand-crafted beers on site. Wagner Vineyards is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ginny Lee Cafe Employment
The Ginny Lee Cafe at Wagner Vineyards is currently seeking applicants for waitstaff/servers for the upcoming season – must be over 18 (preferably over 21) and must be available on weekends.
Please visit the Ginny Lee Cafe’s Employment page to apply